Published : 02-10-2020
Changes for routes 62-65-76 Share your view by March 1
The expansion of Hôpital de Gatineau and the addition of a faculty of medicine and a university family medicine group will result in more people traveling to and from this area.
Changes are being proposed to routes 62, 65 and 76 to:
- improve services to Hôpital de Gatineau and nearby health care facilities;
- enhance the services offered by adding trips;
- promote mobility by offering STO bus services along arteries where there currently are none;
- create a new link to De la Cité station;
- offer a service running in the opposite direction of the main traff, between the two Cégep de l'Outaouais campuses; and
- facilitate access to the Gréber industrial park and other nearby businesses.
These service changes will come into effect in the fall of 2020.
Details of the proposed changes
- A new link to De la Cité station via montée Paiement instead of Davidson and Nobert (currently route 71).
- A new service for boulevard St-René and Nelligan, d'Orléans, du Barry, Pierre-Lafontaine and de Sillery (currently route 65).
- Additional trips to increase frequency during certain periods to 30-minute instead of 60-minute intervals, to and from De la Cité station.
- A more direct route from De la Gappe station to Hôpital de Gatineau via Gréber and de la Gappe boulevards instead of Du Barry, Pierre-Lafontaine and de Sillery, which would from now on be serviced by route 62.
- A more direct route from De la Cité station to Hôpital de Gatineau via boulevard de l'Hôpital, with service to the site itself.
- Route changes involving boulevard St-René and Nelligan and d'Orléans, which would from now on be serviced by route 62. Rue de l'Oasis and de la Cité and St-René boulevards would also be serviced by route 76.
Note : Route 85 will remain unchanged.
- Additional trips direction Gatineau in the morning and direction campus Gabrielle-Roy in the afternoon at 30-minute intervals.
- An east-west link and an easier link between the two Cégep de l'Outaouais campuses.
- A route change via rue de l'Oasis instead of boulevard de la Vérendrye.
- More direct access between De la Cité station and Hôpital de Gatineau via boulevard de l'Hôpital, with service to the site itself.
- Additional trips to increase service frequency direction Labrosse in the morning and direction de la Cité in the afternoon to 20-minute instead of 30-minute intervals.
Consult the proposed service intervals (Available in French)
Take part in the consultation!
We value your comments on the service review!
Consult the details of the proposed changes and share your views by March 1!
Steps involved in the consultation process and system revision
- Development of a service proposal based on an analysis of the system in this sector and meetings with local representatives to properly identify their needs and key issues.
February 10 to March 1, 2020
- Consultation about the service proposal.
- Compilation of comments received and adjustments to the service proposal.
April 30, 2020
- Adoption of the service offer by the STO Board of Directors.
August 24, 2020
- Implementation of the new service.
For any questions about the consultation, contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
For more information, contact Customer Relations at 819 770-3242.