A New Visual Identity to Discover
The Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) is proud to unveil its new visual identity.
The arrival of the Rapibus presents a unique opportunity to modernize our image. Many elements need to be added or replaced to accommodate the Rapibus, making this an opportune and appropriate time to do so in a financially responsible manner by making the changes gradually.
We also want to harmonize the image of the Rapibus and the STO to highlight public transit in a modern way.
New evocative logo
- Simple, signifying what public transit aspires to be;
- Easily recognizable, both from afar and while moving;
- Made of two united parts, with distinct colours, in the shape of arrows to evoke:
- the road taken and the road ahead;
- continuous movement;
- the need to move forward together and to serve multiple destinations and needs.
Two parts representing:
- The desired closeness with our different clienteles;
- The connection between public transit and active transportation.
A line in between two arrows:
- To represent the STO as a link between citizens and their city;
- To signify our crossborder situation;
- On a slant, it shows our flexibility and openness.
- To recall the link with our city, Gatineau, and our living environment close to rivers and forests;
- To acknowledge the importance that we give to our environment;
- With green being a symbol of hope, trust and an ever better future.
New visual universe
A set of arrows in a palette of soft colours evoking:
- The diversity in needs to fill;
- Our multiple clienteles;
- The endeavour to complement other modes of transportation;
- Our contribution to the level of health, the quality of life, the economy, education, the environment.
Regardless of their use, the arrows will always have a meaning and will be recognized as an expression of the STO brand.
- Presents the STO as a key player in community development, with a focus on improving our quality of life;
- Has a unified look for the city while allowing the communities to cultivate their differences;
- Shows our ability to offer an innovative system, our awareness of the daily needs of our riders, and our endeavours to anticipate the needs of tomorrow.
The future together:
- Because we have a duty to always make public transit an easy choice;
- To recall the need for involvement and discussion at all government levels;
- As a invitation to foster public transit in order to create a more integrated, responsible and human community.
The future together:
- Because those who take public transit today contribute to a better future for everyone;
- Because those who invest and contribute today to make public transit more appealing are part of a better future for everyone;
- Because those who choose to leave their vehicles at home in favour of public transit and active transportation are the builders of a better society.
Public transit. A city together. A project together. A vision together. A commitment together. Innovating together.