STO on demand
A complementary service for the Buckingham and Masson-Angers sectors
STO on demand, as the name suggests, is a personalized public transportation service offered on demand. The purpose of this service is to complement the conventional bus service in the Buckingham and Masson-Angers sectors in order to better meet your local transportation needs within those sectors. You asked us for more transportation options, so we came up with one just for you.
- you have to book your ride;
- your service area is limited to within those sectors, to and from an existing stop or other reference point;
- door-to-door service will be offered to customers eligible to Paratransit service;
- the service is flexible and adapted, designed to meet your transportation needs;
- a practical way to get where you want to go, when you want, within those sectors, during standard service hours;
- riders traveling in the same direction may share a vehicle; and
- Service offered by Taxi Loyal.
On demand service coverage now includes the area along Route 148, east of boulevard de l'Aéroport.
Now that Route 97 runs along Autoroute 50, bus service along Route 148 is discontinued between boulevard de l'Aéroport and avenue des Laurentides.
Residents in this area can book an on demand ride to the Parc-o-bus Cheval-Blanc or the Parc-o-bus Georges/Route 148, where they can then transfer to the regular STO system.
On demand rides can also be booked to the Buckingham and Masson-Angers sectors.
Book a trip
You can book a ride with STO on demand within as little as 20 minutes, or plan it up to 7 days in advance. You will be given a number of options depending on the available vehicles and other rides booked.
There are three ways to book a ride:
- With the STO on demand mobile app
• Download the STO on demand free app ;
• Set up your account or open a session
• Book your trip
• Go to the pick-up location you are given , 5 minutes in advance
- Online : STOalademande.sto.ca
- By calling : 819 525-8932*
* Credit card payment is not an option when booking by phone (you will have to pay on board with cash or ticket). To pay by credit card, you must book online through the app or the Web site.
Yes, you will receive:
- an e-mail confirmation when the booking is made;
- a notification the day before;
- a notification one hour before your pick-up time; and
- a notification 10 minutes before your pick-up time.
If you booked through the mobile app, you will receive mobile notifications.
If you booked through the Web or by phone, you will be notified by text message.
Change in plans? Just change or cancel your booking!
No-shows and late arrivals can end up penalizing other customers and lead to unnecessary extra driving. If your plans change, take a few seconds to cancel your booking or change the time through “My bookings” or by calling us at 819-525-8932.
If you fail to show up more than three times, STO reserves the right to suspend your access to the service for 30 days.
Plan a trip with the Transit app
When you plan a trip on Transit in the Buckingham and Masson-Angers sectors, STO on demand will appear among your trip options. You will be able to book on the spot because Transit will redirect you to the STO on demand app to make your booking. In addition, when you use Transit to book an STO on demand trip to the Georges park-and-ride / Route 148 to transfer to a route 97 or 93 bus, the app will choose the schedule that will get you there for the next bus.
Schedules, fares and payment options
New: Extended service hours:
- On weekdays 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- On weekends and holidays 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Holidays include Christmas, New year, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Québec's National Holiday, Canada Day
Fare reductions, free rides and promotions
To receive the Student, Senior or ECHO fare, send us your 16-digit Multi card number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your profile is updated, the discount rate will be automatically applied to your reservation.
To benefit from our Family fare or certains current promotions click on "Add a discount / subscription" before confirming your reservation.
Do you have a pass on your Multi card? The STO on demand service is included. Be sure to send your Multi card number ahead of time to email@example.com.
If you do not use STO on demand regularly, you can pay your fare:
- by credit or debit* card when you book online through the app or the booking site;
- with cash** when you board the bus;
- with a bus ticket when you board the bus.
NOTE : given that the vehicles are not equipped with readers, e-wallets and 1-day, 3-day and 7-day passes cannot be used for STO on demand.
Credit or debit card*
Only through the app or the booking site.
Pay separately for each booking,
load credit on an e-wallet that will be debited for each trip you book
Choose this option if:
you want to pay cash** or use a bus ticket, both of which you hand to the driver you have a valid STO pass. Be sure to send your Multi card number ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Several banks do not allow online debit card payments. Check with your financial institution.
** When you pay with cash, be sure to have the exact fare because the driver cannot give you change, the same as with the regular bus.
Other informations and rules
STO on demand vehicles can accommodate two (2) to four (4) riders, depending on the vehicle. Accessible buses can take three (3) riders, including one in a wheelchair. Given that this is a public transit service, you may be paired with other riders traveling in the same direction.
Car seats are not provided. As with taxis, they are not mandatory, but you are free to bring one and install it yourself.
Anyone under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
Guide dogs, service dogs and small pets are permitted on board. Small pets must be kept in a closed crate, in the rider's lap. They must not make a mess or inconvenience the other riders.
You must at all times keep any items you are carrying next to you and under your control. You can not use the trunk.
More information about STO on demand
By email: STOalademande@sto.ca