STO on demand
Good new! STO on demande is extended for a second year!
“I could not be more delighted that this flexible service has been extended! STO on demand was designed and developed to meet the needs identified by our community. By improving the quality of local mobility in our sectors, we make it easier for people to get to work, access local services and support our merchants, we encourage people to buy local, and we help revitalize our neighbourhoods and promote social integration. In fact, that was the very essence of the pilot project.”
- M. Edmond Leclerc, Buckingham district Municipal Councillor and member of the STO Board of Directors
A complementary service for the Buckingham and Masson-Angers sectors
STO on demand, as the name suggests, is a personalized public transportation service offered on demand. The purpose of this service is to complement the conventional bus service in the Buckingham and Masson-Angers sectors in order to better meet your local transportation needs within those sectors. You asked us for more transportation options, so we came up with one just for you.
- you have to book your ride;
- your service area is limited to within those sectors, to and from an existing stop or other reference point;
- door-to-door service will be offered to customers eligible to Paratransit service;
- the service is flexible and adapted, designed to meet your transportation needs;
- a practical way to get where you want to go, when you want, within those sectors, during standard service hours;
- riders traveling in the same direction may share a vehicle; and
- a good way to transfer to route 97 or 93 via the park-and-ride at Georges and highway 148;
- Service offered by Taxi Loyal.
Book a trip
You can book a ride with STO on demand within as little as 20 minutes, or plan it ahead of time.
There are three ways to book a ride:
- With the STO on demand mobile app
• Download the STO on demand free app ;
• Set up your account or open a session
• Book your trip
• Go to the pick-up location you are given , 5 minutes in advance
See the tutorial
- Online : STOalademande.sto.ca
- By calling : 819 525-8932*
* Credit card payment is not an option when booking by phone (you will have to pay the driver with cash). To pay by credit card, you must book online through the app or the Web site.
Yes, you will receive:
- an e-mail confirmation when the booking is made;
- a notification the day before;
- a notification one hour before your pick-up time; and
- a notification 10 minutes before your pick-up time.
If you booked through the mobile app, you will receive mobile notifications.
If you booked through the Web or by phone, you will be notified by text message.
Plan a trip with the Transit app
When you plan a trip on Transit in the Buckingham and Masson-Angers sectors, STO on demand will appear among your trip options. You will be able to book on the spot because Transit will redirect you to the STO on demand app to make your booking. In addition, when you use Transit to book an STO on demand trip to the Georges park-and-ride / Route 148 to transfer to a route 97 or 93 bus, the app will choose the schedule that will get you there for the next bus. (be sure to check "Minimize walking distance" among the parameters to see these trip options).
Schedules, fares and payment options
- Mondays to Wednesdays from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursdays and Fridays from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sundays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Holidays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Christmas, New year, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Québec's National Holiday, Canada Day)
- Do you have a pass on your Multi card? The STO on demand service is included. Be sure to send your Multi card number ahead of time to email@example.com
- If you do not use STO on demand regularly, you can pay your fare:
- by credit or debit* card when you book online through the app or the booking site;
- with cash** ($3.65 or $2.70 for students, seniors and customers enrolled in the ÉCHO program. Send us your 16-digit Multi card number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your profile is updated, the discount rate will be automatically applied to your reservation.
- with a bus ticket when you board the bus.
- NOTE : given that the vehicles are not equipped with readers, e-wallets and 1-day, 3-day and 7-day passes cannot be used for STO on demand.
* Several banks do not allow online debit card payments. Check with your financial institution.
** When you pay with cash, be sure to have the exact fare because the driver cannot give you change, the same as with the regular bus.
Credit or debit card
Only through the app or the booking site.
Pay separately for each booking,
load credit on an e-wallet that will be debited for each trip you book
Choose this option if:
you want to pay cash or use a bus ticket, both of which you hand to the driver you have a valid STO pass. Be sure to send your Multi card number ahead of time to email@example.com
Fare reductions, free rides and promotions
To receive the Student, Senior or ECHO fare, send us your 16-digit Multi card number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your profile is updated, the discount rate will be automatically applied to your reservation.
Do you have children traveling with you? To benefit from our free rate for children under 5 or our Family Fare, click on "Add a discount / subscription" before confirming your reservation. Indicate the number of children and click on "Confirm".
Capacity and safety on the vehicle
STO on demand vehicles can accommodate two (2) to four (4) riders, depending on the vehicle. Accessible buses can take three (3) riders, including one in a wheelchair.
Car seats are not provided. As with taxis, they are not mandatory, but you are free to bring one and install it yourself.
Face masks must be worn on STO on demand vehicles.